Thursday, September 4, 2008

How do you think?

Do you ever had a feeling that your teacher is teaching something not right or he/she is just here for his/her work, not to educate the posterity? Well, I do all the time. Maybe I should blame the government for being so easy in choosing these "educators"?
Let me give an example...last time my teacher,told us to finish a short essay of 50-60 words, that should not be too general, it should explain a topic in details. Sure its not easy, but I think I should just explain a simple thing. But on the next day, she demanded us to present it to the class. The one she praised is an one page long(A4 size texpad) essay, whereas the one she criticizes is the one with 50-60 words."This is a classic example that is not well-prepared" this is what she said.
Lets take a look at this one...
" My father bought me a new car on my eighteenth birthday"-What is mean by new?How new?
"The car is spacious and beautiful"-Beatiful is not a suitable word.By the way,how spacious and beautiful?
"It is very expensive too"I would like to know more about the price.
"having a car makes my life easier"What do you mean by "life easier"?
"It gives me freedom to travel wherever I want"Why it gives you freedom?Is it because your father caged you?Where you want to travel to?
This is the "classic example" I mention just now from one of my friend.I do not mean that the teacher is wrong, but she first limited us with 50-60 words, but then she demanded so much that is quite impossible to cover in just 50-60 words!
I think she must not like the Davincci code, because it is too ambiguous!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails