Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Philosophy of happiness

My lecturer said something quite interesting today, and I personally find it profound actually. I forgot what made him say that, but he was trying to give us an example: when you see a bird on an electric cable, it might be enjoying its day or the weather, which makes it happy; but when one of you ( us ) is to be that bird, you will definitely not feel so, because you know the high voltage inside the cable can kill you anytime, even when your tiny little feet scratch out a "you don't even notice you have done so" hole. Why is that? You know what the bird doesn't.

It's true, sometimes it's better if we don't know something, but the human nature just makes it hard to do so. Maybe the God didn't know this when he created curiosity in us. In some occasion, doesn't know means doesn't care, which makes you happy too, because you don't have that much in your little mind to bug your little life. So, the conclusion is, to be happy is simple, that is, to be simple. Got that? Well, I don't, even I'm the one to say that. I just can't give up what I have to be simple. Yeah, that's human.

5 comments:

ropcorn said...

I liked your post and completely agree. So funny, I wrote something similar yesterday in my blog.

I definitely think that the simplest things in life are also the most valuable.

I clicked on some ads as well 4 u ;-)

/Alexandra

jie siang said...

i like and agree with this. it takes lots of wisdom to understand it.
i hope one day you'd say you had truly embraced the idea of simplicity, then you'd get true happiness. in fact, i hope i can think this, too.

baili said...

i agree happiness is belong to simplicity,

Aries said...

Like the saying goes, what you don't know, won't hurt!

Anonymous said...

美女主播聊天室 , 美女主播聊天室 , 美女主播聊天室 , 美女主播聊天室 , 美女主播聊天室 , 美女主播聊天室 , 美女主播聊天室 , 美女主播聊天室 , 美女主播聊天室 , 美女主播聊天室

Related Posts with Thumbnails