Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tell me how?

There is a reason why some people prefer to do things alone, including staying alone, or at least have a room of their own. That's because if you have a partner, they could be annoying! Oh, I was talking about me.
Yes, this is another post of my annoying roommate, who can't seem to be bored making my life miserable (guess it's fun doing that, mentally torturing somebody...). As a civilized and educated modern citizen (me), I should be patient and bear with it. But the fact is, that won't work, and trust me, don't be soft against those who goes between your way, or you'll be the one writing this. We have to accept the fact that there are something we cannot make a change about, including teaching monkeys not to scream like a monkey. So, being desperately needing to get some rest, I stoned my emotion and talk to him to make him and his friends to keep their voices down at midnight. The reason? It's midnight! And there's somebody who needs to sleep! That was two days ago, and thankfully, I slept tight that night. I thought I finally successfully talked some senses into them! Then three red crosses appear like the ones in Britain's got talent and tell me: WRONG!
That's why people tell me not to let my guard down, because the so call 'sense' lasted for only a day, or more aptly a night. Yesterday, I woke up at 1.00 am and had to pretend sleeping when I heard four or five of them are talking and eating in the room. Oh man! Can't you guys go somewhere else and leave this poor boy alone? Seems like I need another approach to get some sleep, but how?

4 comments:

baili said...

agreed and i am sorry dear i wish you can get proper sleep and nicer room mates cause wherever we get wrong person along it hurts a lots take care

Luvoutrage said...

People are so challenging--especially those with whom you live! Ugh! And changing them is like hitting a freight train on the nose with a newspaper!

Aries said...

Perhaps you should sit down with him and lay down some rules. Tell him politely that there should be some house / room rules to follow when 2 person stays together. Make sure it is a win-win situation, not just he abide by your rules, let him know that you will also do certain things that will respect his privacy. Then come up with a "our room rule". Hope it works - this would be a good practice for you as you will need it in the future with others be it at work or with your future wife.

scorpio said...

i understood your condition. Act since staying in hostel, we will definitely face this kind of problem. Both of my previous and current roommate are kind of person who talk a lot in room and always chat with me till i really quite hard to study in room.But since they are my friends and so difficult for me to tell them that they actually disturbing me when i am studying.My current roommate always chatting with her boyfriend in phone and talk loudly. I have been awakened by her few times since she always made noise while she is doing her thing. But i told her gently perviously ,it did not work at all. So,i just decided to study in library all the time.If you really cant change them ,then you can only change your habit.If not,then set room rule as your friend said but if it did not work then possibly you can change room for your last choice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails