Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The era is changing...

Before today, i was teaching two of my relatives tuition. It was almost half a year ago. One of them met me and asked whether i can teach them tuition or not? After a few minutes of consideration, i agreed to teach them cause i had just finished my SPM and still looking for part time job, so why don't i teach them even though its not very much i can earn, but at least that's better than doing nothing.
I teach them a lot of thing, include english, math, science, everything i know. Initially, i'd never think of what would happen to teach them, because they showed so much passion to study and improved themselves (in fact, they are quite weak in most of the subject). After that, i found that they just "wanted" to improve, but never take any action or think how to improve, maybe they do think about it, by asking me to teach them...? So, i took some tedious steps in teaching, by giving them lots and lots of homeworks because my teacher used that way to teached me as well, and the result came out satisfactory, so i think it might work, and it should work for them too. However, they finished none of those homeworks. Well, at least no one is completely done.
I started to be fed up by their behaviour that always look for my answer and never try harder to do it by their own. Since i am a very "patient" teacher, i taught them once a week, two hours each class, for six months. Till this afternoon, i decided to stop all these when one of them absent for the class.
What on earth are going on with the students nowadays? It seems like they are just like bean curd--too soft and cannot push too hard. They don't need to struggle very hard to learn something or to get knowledge, and yet they never appreciate it. In my time, we might broke our fingers just if we did a simple grammar mistake! My teacher taught me very strict and very well, and i had became a good student too! I think....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agreeeeee........

Related Posts with Thumbnails