Monday, October 27, 2008

Totally conservative chinese family

It is always a mystery to me that why some families treat their son and daughter as friend, and willing to share things together; while some families treat their son and daughter like a boss and the employees. This always can be seen in the western families and the eastern families, and honestly i prefer former. My family is a typical chinese family, which means that they never treat me like a friend.
Obviously, chinese parents always have some ego inside of them, which cause them always have a gap between their son and themselves. They are very conservative, and always teach their kids to respect their elders, and this always came up very difficult when the youngers found out that the elders are wrong, and yet they to keep it as a secret as a sign of "respect". This is totally what i'm facing. I always have to keep my mouth shut so that i don't insult the elders, even though i'm right. What pissed me off the most is that sometimes i have to be blame even though i had never done anything wrong. For example, last time when i was in the living room with my family after meal, i start to play with my sister's son(about half year old), and my sister pull up a towel and accidetally drop the toy of my sister's son. She thought that i was the one who drop it because i was so close to it so she asked me to wash it. I knew she didn't know it's her fault to drop the toy, so i told her that she drop it, not me. Then, she said 'oh...', and my father suddenly raised his voice and said 'just do it when you are told to!', and my older brother added 'why should you talk so much even though she just asked you to do a thing?'. I was about to blow my head up at that moment! I was just trying to tell her that its not my fault and they all just blamed me for telling that!
Why the western people can be so nice to their son and daughter?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails