Sunday, July 11, 2010

New species of monkeys

Honestly, my mind actually went blank when I was thinking of writing this post. It wasn't because I had nothing to talk about, but it was actually too much, I don't even know where to start. All the disappointments, confusions, anticipations came jamming the little brain of mine. I should probably tell out only a few of the things, or this post will be ten pages long...
The hostel, shouldn't be this tiny, and I use the word tiny because it is ridiculously TINY! To be more exact, it is about the size of my bathroom, with only a wardrobe, a double-decker bed, side table and a reading table. And the rest of the space will not be enough for me to stretch my hands. or I'll knock something down, and I'll have to pay for that. I can't even imagine how a 6 feet guy with medium size can fit into the room, lucky that I'm short!
Next, the students, yeah, the students. Students are supposed to be educated, polite, respectful, not someone who jump around and yell like a monkey! By the way, that wasn't exaggerating. Once all the freshmen were gathered in the main hall for end-of-orientation performance, all the students were screaming their lungs out, and I swear I felt the tumbling of the floor. Not only I couldn't hear the singings, the shrill kept going on and on even though the emcee has told them to control themselves, if those are not monkeys, then tell me what they are.
In UM, we are taught to do cheers, exactly those cheerleaders do, for our college. It was sometimes quite interesting and funny, especially when we were daring other colleges. But the problem was, the students went out of control easily, and this affected the speaker on the stage, and that, is being rude. I'm sure I would've ran out of the hall if I could!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails